新西兰东方理工学院/Eastern Institute of Technology
NZ Diploma in Fashion (Level 5)
- 学费：$22,100 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Hawke’s Bay Campus
- Pattern making for a major fashion company
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion illustrator
- Independent Clothing Designer and Manufacturer
- Machinist for clothing manufacturer
- Fashion Retail Assistant
- Assistant to fashion designers
- Product Manager for a fashion clothing company
- Students will produce an individual E-portfolio to document their research and progress
- Students will develop skills to produce and manipulate pattern blocks and toile’s
- Students will create fashion products to industry standards, after having prepared the specifications and planned the construction
- Students will prepare a self-development plan to determine employment options
- IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: FCE, or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) score of 50
- City & Guilds IESOL: B2 Communicator with a score of 66
- NZCEL Level 4 Academic
- Completion of an EIT Hawke’s Bay assessment.
This programme will have “real life” opportunities with projects from the community and industry. It will introduce students to the bigger picture of the fashion industry and how it operates both locally and globally. This is a newly developed programme after consultation with the New Zealand fashion industry.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
You will gain a broad introduction and understanding of the different aspects of the apparel industry which will prepare you for employment or to go on to further study. Possible jobs and career opportunities can include:
The programme will have ‘real life’ opportunities with projects from the community and industry. It will introduce students to the bigger picture of the fashion industry and how it operates both locally and globally.
Practicum, work experience
Students will attend a field trip visiting the local fashion Industry.
Project 6 (FDIP 5.06), provides students with the opportunity of working with an external client for creation of unique products to Aotearoa New Zealand.
A portion of the programme involves students organising, planning and presenting a fashion collection in a Fashion Show.
Each project will be assessed for the required NZQA graduate outcomes so that students will have fulfilled all these by the completion of all projects.
Applicants under 20 years old:
Will have completed a Level 3 qualification in a related field or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
Applicants 20 years or over:
For applicants 20 years or over, there are no minimum academic requirements. However, applicants will need to provide their curriculum vitae detailing any relevant work experience and academic achievements. The Programme Coordinator will use this information to assess whether the applicant is likely to successfully complete the NZ Diploma in Fashion.
English Language Requirements