New Zealand Diploma in Software Development
- 学费：$18,000 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- Analyse requirements, design and document software solutions for a range of problems in an organisational context.
- Write and maintain programs using design patterns, data structures and algorithms to meet specifications.
- Apply a range of software quality assurance techniques to verify correctness of systems.
- Apply data management and storage technologies to support the software application and the development process.
- Establish application security by integrating security principles throughout software development to ensure system integrity.
- Choose, justify and apply architecture, technologies, and tools, to implement the software solution.
- Apply IT technical support concepts and practice to manage hardware and software resources to meet organisational requirements in a software development context.
- Apply project management tools and techniques to an IT related project, to analyse and solve problems.
- Behave with integrity as a responsible Information Technology professional to contribute positively to society.
- Apply communication, information design, personal and interpersonal skills clearly and professionally to enhance working effectiveness, efficiency, and quality outcomes in an organisational environment.
- NCEA Level 2 or 3 with appropriate credits in mathematics and digital technologies subjects
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Web Development and Design (Level 5)
- be at least 16 years old at the time the programme commences
- be able to read, write, and communicate in English at a basic level
- be physically able to complete the programme specific outcomes
- Academic IELTS score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- FCE, or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill
- NZCEL Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- PToE (Academic) score of 50
- City & Guilds IESOL - B2 Communicator with a score of 66
This qualification will provide you with a range of Information Technology (IT) knowledge, specialist practices and technical skills in software development. It will prepare you for employment in an entry-level developer or tester role in a range of organisational contexts, or to proceed to further study.
What you will learn
The qualification is designed for people seeking to focus on one or more application domains, such as general Application Development, Web Development, Games Development, and Mobile Applications Development.
Courses in this programme
A New Zealand Diploma in Software Development (Level 6) is awarded when students have achieved 240 credits, including all compulsory courses.
About Fast Track (18 months)
For students studying in Auckland, NorthTec offers Fast Track programmes. Each one of our academic years runs for eight months. Therefore 3 academic years are condensed into two calendar years. By reducing the long term breaks during the year that many New Zealand education institutions have traditionally, you save both time and money by gaining your qualification in a shorter period of time.
New Zealand Diploma in Web Development and Design & New Zealand Diploma in Software Development qualification is studied in fast track.
These qualifications, studied together, equip students with entry-level skills and knowledge to enable further participation in the field of information systems, as well as providing foundation study in programming and database development.
Students enrolling are recommended to hold one of the following qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience:
All applicants must: