新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
Vocational Pathways Service Industries (Hospitality)
- 学费：NZ $9,500 for the entire...
- Students will learn basic knowledge of food safety, preparation of various foods and coffee as well as cash handling and customer service.
- To provide learners with relevant skills and work ready attributes to prepare them to enter a range of industries in entry level positions, or progress to further study.
- To provide new ways for learners to achieve NCEA Level 2 and develop pathways that progress to further study, training and employment.
- 167 Practise food safety methods in a food business under supervision
- 9677 Participate in a team or group which has an objective
- 13272 Cook food items by baking
- 13280 Prepare fruit and vegetable cuts
- 13281 Prepare and present basic sandwiches for service
- 13283 Prepare and present salads for service
- 13284 Clean food production areas and equipment
- 13285 Handle and maintain knives in a commercial kitchen
- 14425 Prepare and serve hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks for a commercial hospitality establishment
- 14431 Demonstrate knowledge of food service styles and menu types in the hospitality industry
- 14434 Prepare and clear areas for table service for a commercial hospitality establishment
- 14436 Provide table service for a commercial hospitality establishment
- 14440 Prepare and clear areas for counter food service for a commercial hospitality establishment
- 14443 Pack food and beverage orders for takeaway in a commercial hospitality environment
- 14462 Maintain personal presentation and greet customers in the hospitality industry
- 17285 Demonstrate knowledge of commercial espresso coffee equipment and recipes and prepare espresso beverages under supervision
- 17286 Prepare and present pressed coffee for service
- 17287 Prepare and present filtered coffee for service
- 20666 Demonstrate basic knowledge of contamination hazards and control methods used in a food business
- 22428 Prepare and serve tea
- 24526 Apply safe working practices in a commercial kitchen
- 28145 Interact with customers in a service delivery context
- 28298 Demonstrate knowledge of cash handling in a retail environment
- A minimum of 80 credits in accordance with the relevant Programme Schedule for the Vocational Pathway programmes.
- The student will normally be expected to complete the Vocational Pathway programmes full-time over 25 weeks.
- Be 16 years or over at the time of commencing study or 15 years with a school leaving certificate;
- Be proficient in the English language (both written and spoken);
- Not hold NCEA Level 2 or similar qualifications.
- 开学时间：Expected March-2019
- 授课校区：SIT Gore Campus
At least 60 credits selected from the unit standards below (Note: 20 credits must be from sector related unit standards and the remainder from recommended unit standards.)
Graduates will have developed the skills and knowledge to be employed under supervision in a range of entry level positions within the industry. Further study may include progression to Level 3 New Zealand Certificates.
Within the vocational pathway programme, learners will gain knowledge and understanding upon which to base their career development decisions, whether this be gaining employment experience, tertiary study at higher levels, trade qualifications, or any combination of these.
To satisfactorily complete the Vocational Pathway programmes and receive the relevant Vocational Pathway NCEA level 2 and be awarded this qualification the student must successfully achieve: -
To be eligible, applicants must:
Enrolment may be subject to an interview process.