新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
Vocational Pathways Construction and Infrastructure - Construction
- 学费：NZ $9,500 for the entire...
- Demonstrate knowledge of the carpentry industry including sketches and drawings. Gain familiarity with safe work practices, timber and construction materials. Be able to set up and use fixed machinery and basic portable power tools, as well as being able to construct timber garden furniture.
- To provide learners with relevant skills and work ready attributes to prepare them to enter a range of industries in entry level positions, or progress to further study.
- To provide new ways for learners to achieve NCEA Level 2 and develop pathways that progress to further study, training and employment.
- 2216 Recognise and confirm furniture job specifications
- 2552 Set up and use fixed machinery in the joinery industry under supervision
- 12927 Identify, select, maintain, and use hand tools for BCATS projects
- 12932 Construct timber garden furniture and items of basic construction equipment as a BCATS project
- 12936 Construct a non-consent timber framed utility building as a BCATS project
- 16232 Use basic portable power tools for furniture making
- 16235 Demonstrate knowledge of manufactured boards used in furniture operations
- 18915 Use fixing hardware in furniture making
- 18918 Construct a furniture carcase
- 22607 Read and interpret plans, working drawings and specifications for BCATS projects
- 24350 Identify, select, maintain, and use portable power tools for BCATS projects
- 24351 Demonstrate knowledge of and use specified fixed machinery in the construction of BCATS projects
- 24353 Demonstrate knowledge of and create sketches and drawings for BCATS projects
- 24354 Demonstrate knowledge of and apply safe working practices in a BCATS environment
- 24357 Receive instructions and communicate information in relation to BCATS projects
- 24358 Plan and monitor the construction of a BCATS project, and quality check the product
- 24360 Demonstrate knowledge of timber and other construction materials used in BCATS projects
- 24361 Apply mathematical processes to BCATS projects
- 25319 Demonstrate knowledge of the carpentry industry within a BCATS environment
- A minimum of 80 credits in accordance with the relevant Programme Schedule for the Vocational Pathway programmes.
- The student will normally be expected to complete the Vocational Pathway programmes full-time over 25 weeks.
- Be 16 years or over at the time of commencing study or 15 years with a school leaving certificate
- Be proficient in the English language (both written and spoken)
- Not hold NCEA Level 2 or similar qualifications
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
At least 60 credits selected from the unit standards below (Note: 20 credits must be from sector related unit standards and the remainder from recommended unit standards.)
Graduates will have developed the skills and knowledge to be employed under supervision in a range of entry level positions within the various industries. Further study may include progression to Level 3 New Zealand Certificates.
Within the vocational pathway programme, learners will gain knowledge and understanding upon which to base their career development decisions, whether this be gaining employment experience, tertiary study at higher levels, trade qualifications, or any combination of these.
To satisfactorily complete the Vocational Pathway programmes and receive the relevant Vocational Pathway NCEA level 2 and be awarded this qualification the student must successfully achieve: -
To be eligible, applicants must:
Enrolment may be subject to an interview process.