新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 6)
- 学费：NZ $100 per credit.
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
- US9685 Write an analytical report (Level 5) 5 credits
- US5616 Develop and implement a hazard management system for a selected business operation (Level 4) 10 credits
- US5619 Conduct an occupational health and safety management systems audit for a selected business operation (Level 4) 15 credits
- US5615 Develop systems for occupational health and safety management practice (Level 6) 20 credits
- US5617 Facilitate hazard management in an occupational health and safety practice (Level 6) 30 credits
- US5620 Evaluate occupational health and safety standards and practice (Level 6) 30 credits
- US5621 Plan and evaluate programmes to promote occupational health and safety practice (Level 6) 20 credits
- Health and safety co-coordinators/officers/ representatives/advisors
- Production supervisors
- Training co-ordinators
- Occupational health and safety roles through the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Human resource staff
- IELTS test – Academic score of 6, with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) – Score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) – Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge English Examinations – FCE, or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill
- NZCEL – Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PtoE (Academic) score of 50
- City & Guilds IESOL – B2 Communicator with a score of 66
Whether you're already in a health and safety role, or you're looking to enter the industry, this diploma course will teach you about occupational health and safety systems, practices and programmes. The programme is comprised of six papers, covering the identification and management of hazards and systems in the workplace, the development of safety programmes, monitoring, auditing and assessment. High profile issues are covered, such as noise-induced hearing loss and respiratory protection and while there’s theory, most of the course is practically focused, much of which includes components that you can complete while on the job.
Electives must be completed prior to compulsory papers.
Elective papers – complete a minimum of 20 credits from the following:
Compulsory papers should be completed in the order listed below:
Graduates will have acquired skills and education in order to demonstrate knowledge of, evaluate, plan, develop and facilitate occupational health and safety systems, practices and programmes.
The various employment positions a graduating student could be expected to undertake following the completion of this programme could include the following:
For students to be considered to have satisfactorily completed this programme and be eligible for the awarding of the qualification Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, they must have completed all scheduled course work requirements and assessments, successfully completed assessment requirements for all papers, and achieved a total of 120 credits as specified in the programme schedule.
Applicants should be a minimum of 20 years of age, with a minimum of 4 years secondary education. All applicants should have academic attributes and industry experience which indicate they have a reasonable likelihood of successful completion of the programme.
Candidates need to have access to two separate health and safety systems to fulfil assessment requirements. This can be two separate workplaces or organisations or one workplace or organisation that has more than two areas or departments running different health and safety operating and reporting processes and procedures.
English Language Requirements
Applicants from countries with an annual student visa approval rate of at least 80 percent, whose first language is not English, or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools is not English, are required to provide evidence of having passed an NZQA approved English Proficiency Assessment, or one of the following tests of English language competence in accordance with the NZQA rules below:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =