新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
Certificate in Introduction to Teacher Aiding (Level 3)
- 学费：NZ $100 per credit.
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
- TEA1031 Introduction to teacher aiding and inclusion (Level 3) 6 credits
- TEA1032 Demonstrate knowledge of human development (Level 4) 6 credits
- TEA1042 Construct resources to support the curriculum (Level 3) 3 credits
- US11097 Listen actively to gain information in an interactive situation (Level 3) 3 credits
- US16870 Demonstrate knowledge of causes and associated conditions related to intellectual disability (Level 3) 3 credits
- US16871 Demonstrate knowledge of causes and common effects of physical disability (Level 3) 3 credits
- US21224 Demonstrate knowledge of challenges and issues related to young people with specific physical needs (Level 3) 3 credits
- US9135 Identify and apply ethical guidelines for working with young people who have special education needs (Level 5) 6 credits
- US7310 Assist in reading programmes for young people with reading difficulties (Level 4) 4 credits
- US7282 Assist with behaviour change for young people with challenging behaviour in education settings (Level 5) 10 credits
- An aptitude for, and interest in, the range of tasks associated with teacher aiding, that indicates a reasonable chance of success.
- Proficiency with internet, email, and word processing software.
- Preferably four years secondary education demonstrating likelihood of successful completion of the programme. Preferred school subjects - English, Mathematics.
- NCEA Level 3 with University Entrance, or
- Certificate of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA), or
- IELTS test – General or Academic score of 5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) – Score of 500 (with an essay score of 4 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet- based test (iBT) – Score of 35 (with a writing score of 14)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations – FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 154. No less than 154 in each skill. OET at Grade C in all sub-tests
- NZCEL a) To be discontinued on 31 December 2019 Level 3 (General) or (Workplace) b) Current Level 3 (General)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PToE (Academic) score of 36
- City and Guilds IESOL – B1 Achiever with a score of 43
- LanguageCert – B1 Achiever IESOL (LRWS) with PASS
Teacher aides play an important role in supporting children’s learning in New Zealand schools. If you’re working as a teacher aide in a school, then this qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to do the job effectively.
Learners will need to spend a minimum of one half day per week in a classroom environment.
All papers are compulsory and must be completed in the order listed below.
Graduates will define the role of a teacher aide, define the tasks a teacher aide can be responsible for, develop useful skills for working with students with special needs, and adapt resources to ensure inclusion for all children.
Graduates could apply for employment in schools or in support services roles.
For students to be considered to have satisfactorily completed this programme and be eligible for the awarding of the qualification Certificate in Introduction to Teacher Aiding (Level 3), they must have completed all scheduled course work requirements and assessments, successfully completed assessment requirements for all papers and unit standards, and achieved a total of 47 credits as specified in the programme schedule. The timeframe for completion of this programme is two years.
All applicants will be preferably 18 years of age or over and must demonstrate:
English Language Requirements
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =