新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
Certificate in Health Sciences (Intermediate) Level 4
- 学费：NZ $100 per credit.
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
- HSC101 Normal human structure and function in a health context (Level 4) 5 credits
- HSC102 Abnormal human structure and function in a health context (Level 4) 5 credits
- IHS103 Cells and tissues of the human body (Level 4) 2 credits
- IHS109 Human reproductive system (Level 4) 2 credits
- IHS112 Human body defence mechanisms and immunity (Level 4) 2 credits
- IHS113 Principles of chemistry in the human body (Level 4) 5 credits
- IHS114 Human metabolism (Level 4) 2 credits
- IHS117 Describe the human cardiovascular system (Level 4) 3 credits
- IHS118 Describe the human respiratory system (Level 4) 3 credits
- IHS119 Describe the human musculoskeletal system (Level 4) 2 credits
- IHS120 Describe the human digestive system (Level 4) 2 credits
- IHS121 Describe the integumentary system of the human body (Level 4) 1 credit
- IHS122 Describe the urinary system of the human body (Level 4) 2 credits
- IHS123 Describe the special senses of the human body (Level 4) 4 credits
- IHS124 Applied number and measurement (Level 4) 1 credit
- IHS116 Statistics and data analysis (Level 4) 6 credits
- Certificate in Pre Entry to the Bachelor of Nursing
- Diploma in Enrolled Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Therapeutic and Sports Massage
- Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise
- IELTS test General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5;
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) Score of 530 (with an essay score of 4.5 TWE);
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) Score of 46 (with a writing score of 20);
- University of Cambridge English Examinations - FCE, or FCE for schools, with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill
- NZCEL Level 4 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace, or Academic;
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) score of 42;
- City and Guilds IESOL: B2 Communicator with a score of 42.
This certificate provides intermediate skills and knowledge required for further study or work in the health sciences sector.
Students will study the structures and systems of the human body, senses, chemistry and response to disease and infection.
Additional elective paper:
This paper is available only to students who are cross crediting HSC101 and HSC102 into the programme from the Certificate in Health Sciences (Pre Entry) (Level 3), and wish to be considered as full time students for Studylink, or other purposes. This paper is not compulsory and does not need to be completed in order to complete the Certificate.
After completing both Health Science certificates, students could pursue further study (at diploma or degree level) in health and science related subjects, such as Nursing, Massage, Sport and Exercise, and Midwifery (not available at SIT).
For students to be considered to have satisfactorily completed this programme, and be eligible for the awarding of the qualification Certificate in Health Sciences (Intermediate) they must have completed all scheduled course work requirements and assessments, successfully completed assessment requirements for all modules/unit standards and or local units, and achieved a total of 41 credits as specified in the programme schedule. The timeframe for completion of this programme is two years.
Graduates may wish to consider applying for one of the following courses:
All applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in the health sciences, and have academic attributes that demonstrate that applicants have a reasonable likelihood of successful completion of the programme.
A minimum of 18 years of age, with a minimum of three years secondary education is required
School leavers should have attained a minimum of 12 credits in each of four subjects at NCEA Level 2
Mature students are welcome to apply. It is recommended that the Certificate in Health Sciences (Pre Entry) (Level 3) is completed prior to applying for this programme. Direct entry into the Certificate in Health Sciences (Intermediate) (Level 4) is at the discretion of the Programme Manager, and in most cases will only be approved for applicants who are currently working, or have previous experience in, the health sector, or who have an existing health or science qualification.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools is not English, must meet the English proficiency outcomes as below:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =