新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Therapeutic and Sports Massage
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$16,000 NZD Per Year
- Master of Applied Health Sciences (Wellness and Rehabilitation)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Health Science (Wellness and Rehabilitation)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Health Science (Wellness and Rehabilitation)
- GEN105 Health aspects of exercise and nutrition
- MT5170 Therapeutics I
- MT6270 Therapeutics II
- MT7370 Health psychology and therapeutics III
- MT6250 Clinical practice I
- MT6251 Clinical practice II
- MT7350 Advanced clinical reasoning and clinical practice III
- 14 credits each, in three approved subjects
- Five credits in reading and
- Five credits in writing
- IELTS Test: Academic Score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper-based test pBT Score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE
- TOEFL Internet-based test iBT Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations FCE or FCE for schools or CAE or CPE with a score of 169.No less than 162 in each skill
- Pearson Test of English Academic PToE Academic with score of 50
- City and Guilds IESOL B2 Communicator with a score of 66
- NZCEL Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
This is the first named massage degree programme to be approved in New Zealand. It has been taught from 2002 and students have been graduating since 2004. Health care delivery has moved beyond clinical competence and beyond copying previously successful clinicians. Today's practitioners need to relate to a wider health care team and respond to the expressed needs and expectations of families, pressure groups, professionals and the wider community (Higgs & Edwards, 1999).
The Bachelor of Therapeutic and Sports Massage encourages graduates to join a professional group which represents their career interests on graduation but can not endorse any one group.
Graduating students from this degree have good opportunities for employment both nationally and internationally.
Graduates are critical thinking, reflective practitioners with technical and professional competence, sound reasoning and research literacy, and have a capacity to manage knowledge and its acquisition during their working lives.
This qualification has been designed to prepare graduates for careers in both the therapeutic and sports massage fields. The programme of study includes anatomy and physiology, general pathology, therapeutics, clinical reasoning and functional assessment, massage for physical performance, research and business management principles.
Graduates can continue their education with:
Graduates may work in the following settings: multi disciplinary health practices, private practice, hospitals, rehabilitation centres, community centres, gyms and sports complexes, sports teams, physiotherapy or chiropractic clinics, complementary health clinics, hotels and resorts, community mental health centres and nursing homes as well as in education.
Therapeutic and sports massage specialists will work with individuals and groups of all ages, assisting those recovering from or dealing with injury, illness or disability, as well as individuals and groups looking for stress management intervention and injury prevention strategies.
Attendance requirements as follows for Bachelor of Therapeutic and Sports Massage:
100% attendance required for the following papers:
90% minimum attendance required
All other papers require a minimum of 80% attendance.
For the Bachelor of Therapeutic and Sports Massage successful completion of all assessment requirements for each paper of the three year degree. This amounts to successful completion of 360 credits.
NCEA Level 3 - three subjects at Level 3, made up of:
Literacy - 10 credits at Level 2 or above, made up of
Numeracy - 10 credits at Level 1 or above, made up of achievement standards – specified achievement standards available through a range of subjects, or unit standards - package of three numeracy unit standards (26623, 26626, 26627- all three required).
Admission By Mature Entry
Applicants in this category will have achieved the age of 20 by March 1 of the first year of enrolment in the programme and have provided evidence of relevant prior learning and experience.
The applicant has successfully completed a special programme at NZQA Level 4 or above, which prepares students for the required academic standard for entry eg New Zealand Diploma in Remedial Massage, or its equivalent, or successful completion of Year One of the Diploma in Sport and Recreation.
English Language Requirements
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =