新西兰国立理工学院/Unitec Institute of Technology
护理New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care (Companion Animal) (Level 3)
- 学费：NZ $10,608 for the entire...
- Take the first steps towards an animal care-related professional career by gaining a comprehensive understanding of animal husbandry
- Develop essential communication skills and professional capabilities
- Passionate teaching staff who are experts in their fields and work closely with industry
- This programme can provide a pathway for further study in a range of animal management programmes within Environmental and Animal Sciences at Unitec.
- Access to Unitec's small animal unit where you'll get a hands-on introduction to animal care through 12 hours on-site practical training and 48 hours placement experience at an approved external facility.
- A mix of on-campus classes, practicals, and self-directed learning
- work in the animal care industry with limited supervision
- If you're interested in continuing your studies, this programme will give you the academic admission requirements for higher-level animal programmes at Unitec including the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Veterinary Nursing Assistant), the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Management and the Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations.
- Animal minder in a range of animal facilities
- Boarding kennel or cattery attendant
- Pet shop assistant
- Veterinary nurse assistant
- Wildlife rehabilitation aide
- Facility assistant for SPCA
- Pet supply sales representative
- NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- NZCEL (Level 3) with endorsement of either General or Workplace or Academic
- IELTS score of 5.5 with no band score of 5
- TOEFL (pBT) Paper-based test score of 500 (essay 4.0 TWE)
- TOEFL (iBT) Internet-based test score of 36 (writing 14)
- FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 154. No less than 154 in each skill. OET at Grade C in all sub-tests
- Pearson Test of English (PToE) Academic with a score of 36 with no score lower than 36
- 授课校区：Unitec Institute of Technology
Are you passionate about the welfare and care of companion animals? Make a difference by working professionally in the animal care industry.
Whether you’re straight out of school, currently working with animals or thinking about a career change, the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care is a great place to start your career working with animals!
We cover all aspects of animal care including health, hygiene, behaviour and handling. We give you the knowledge and skills to care for a wide range of companion animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, reptiles and birds, in a variety of settings including your home, pet shops, kennels and catteries.
Where to next?
Successful completion of this programme will allow you to:
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. Preferred candidates will have NCEA Level 1, with strengths from the Vocational Pathway Primary Industries sector
2. 8 credits at NCEA Level 1 in English
English Language requirements: