惠灵顿理工学院/Wellington Institute of Technology
Graduate Diploma in Addiction, Alcohol and Drug Studies
- 学费：$17,500 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- How to integrate theories of substance use, misuse and addiction into your practice
- Grow your understanding of intervention models for addiction, gambling and coexisting mental health disorders
- Analyse and evaluate the unique issues presented by different cultural groups
- Critically evaluate the philosophies and practice frameworks of prevention and health promotion
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of systems theory with particular emphasis upon structural concepts in families and family life cycle theory
- Substance Abuse Counsellor
- Addiction Worker
- Case Manager
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice
- Master of Professional Practice
- Bachelor degree in health or social services.
- Or equivalent personal, practical, professional or educational experience at the appropriate level.
Become familiar with the scope of addiction, alcohol and drug services. Learn assessment and intervention strategies for clients with addiction and co-existing mental health disorders. Designed for graduates with related qualifications and work experience.
What you will learn
Opportunities exist in addiction, alcohol, and drug services. District Health Boards, public health, non-government organizations. Social, health and community agencies. Specialized addictions opportunities are also emerging in justice roles and in services such as opioid treatment.
Further study options
English Language Requirements:
IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no sub score less than 5.5; TOEFL Internet-Based Test (iBT) score of 60 (with a writing score of 20); Cambridge English Test - FCE with a pass at Grade B; Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PToE (Academic) score of 50; New Zealand Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) - Level 4 with the Academic endorsement.