Master of Arts (Level 9)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$21,450 NZD Per Year
- Corresponding Bachelor with Honours degree, or
- Postgraduate Diploma with a minimum of a B grade average or equivalent, or
- Work-related experience equivalent to a corresponding Bachelor with Honours degree. Candidates will be required to demonstrate a high order of knowledge of their principal subject of study, including analytic writing, or
- Tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) completed in no less than three years, and have achieved sufficient standing as a practising artist, designer or musician. Candidates will also be required to submit a curriculum vitae confirming they have achieved a substantial record of exhibitions, publications or performance in public venues or formats; or have gained professional experience, demonstrating advanced knowledge or performance, in their chosen specialisation, or
- A corresponding Bachelor degree and have completed four or more years of successful art, design or music teaching at tertiary or secondary level. Every candidate will be required to present a synopsis of their proposed research project for consideration and approval by the Media Arts Postgraduate Programme Committee. Candidates will be required to study a pre-requisite course in Research Methodology prior to admission, should they not be able to demonstrate having acquired research skills to the appropriate level.
- Any applicant for the Master of Arts who is not a previous graduate of Wintec's Bachelor of Media Arts Honours programme will be required to submit a portfolio of recent work which demonstrates th Peae nature and quality of their practice.
- IELTS score of 6.5, with no individual band score of lower than 6.0, or equivalent
- TOEFL IBT 79, TOEFL PBT score of 590 or Pearson score of 58.
The Master of Arts programme provides you with postgraduate study leading towards professional and higher academic practice. This one-year postgraduate programme is ideal for graduates who have completed the Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours) programme, equivalent qualification, a Postgraduate Diploma or professional practice.
You will extend your domain of practice through undertaking a body of sustained, independent research. This in-depth investigation is in your chosen area of visual arts, design or music practice within a research-focused learning environment. The programme will prepare you for high level investigation of, and intervention within your chosen academic or professional field.
As a Masters student you will receive supervision for both practical and theoretical components of your study. Additional supervision from both external representatives of your professional field and / or for students wishing to utilise Kaupapa 毛利 methodologies in their research are available. You will have frequent formal and informal meetings and critiques with other staff and students to discuss your work, helping you to analyse, evaluate and articulate your research practice. The learning environment is supportive, positive, varied and active, encouraging input from staff and students equally.
Facilities in Media Arts are made available to you as determined by the nature and requirements of your project. Individual studio spaces, fabrication workshops and industry standard digital environments are provided for Masters students. Various test spaces, exhibition sites, tutorial and critique rooms are used for scheduled classes and for formative and casual review of work. Technical staff maintain the operation of facilities and equipment and are available to assist you in practical and logistical issues in your study.
What You'll Learn
You will study one module:
This module is designed to allow you to advance and refine selected domains of visual arts, design or music practice through an extended research project. This research project consists of studio-based practice and a written dissertation. You are required to develop and implement a research methodology which synthesises and amplifies previous and concurrent experience. Research proposals are developed that account for your research project. These make reference to specialised bodies of contextual discourse and which test selected models of practice appropriate to your field of enquiry. Projects occur within a structured supervisory framework to facilitate the planning and implementation of original research and scholarship in your selected field.
The Master of Arts provides pathways to further higher degrees or careers in the Arts, such as Professional Studio Artist, Musician, Sound Designer, Composer, Song Writer, Filmmaker, Digital Designer, Educator, Advertising Creative and Interactive Design, Advertising Creative, Copywriter, Freelance Journalist, Events Coordinator, Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Educator.
English Language Requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =