工程Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical) Level 7
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$21,450 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Rotokauri Campus
- A minimum of 42 credits at level 3 or higher on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, including a minimum of 14 credits at level 3 or higher in each of two subjects with a further 14 credits at level 3 or higher taken from one or two additional domains on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework including a minimum of 14 credits in Physics and 14 credits in Mathematics (Algebra and/or Calculus); and
- A minimum of 8 literacy credits at level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo 毛利; 4 credits must be in reading and 4 credits must be in writing; or
- The New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (NZDE) with a 60% or better overall grade average or have completed at least two years relevant work experience post-graduation; or
- Admission approved by the programme committee/head of school/centre director; or
- Equivalent academic qualifications.
As an Electrical Engineering Technologist you could be busy specifying, designing or supervising the construction of systems and equipment that produce, distribute or use electricity, calculating costs and materials needed, bidding for contracts, overseeing electricity system tests and writing reports or even instruction manuals.
Electrical engineering includes the specialist area of Mechatronics, which merges the two disciplines of mechanical engineering and electronics, and Power Engineering, for in-depth knowledge of the fundamental components of power automated systems.
If you are in employment, the project can be tailored to your workplace.
Six of the largest Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics in New Zealand have consulted with industry leaders to create this up-to-date, industry-relevant programme. The Bachelor of Engineering Technology is accredited by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ).
What You'll Learn
In the first year you'll study core engineering modules and an electrical - power engineering module. There are two pathways you can choose from when it comes to the Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical).
The Waikato is a major contributor to the electricity supply grid producing 50% of New Zealand's energy needs in 2008. $4.3 billion is to be invested in energy in the Waikato in the next five years. This investment requires a highly qualified and skilled workforce that graduates of the BEngTech can be part of.
As a power engineering graduate, you will be competent at analysing, solving, managing and taking responsibility for broadly-defined electrical and power engineering problems and activities. You'll have an in-depth knowledge of the operation and protection of power systems; an understanding of the design requirements for power systems; in depth knowledge of the operation and performance of electrical machines; and a knowledge of the fundamental components of power electronic systems.
Are you interested in the design and workings of the complex devices that we use today? Then mechatronics might be the career for you!
Mechatronics merges the two disciplines of mechanical engineering and electronics. It also includes aspects of computing, robotics and automation. This pathway is much in demand by manufacturers because of its combination of all these different disciplines.
In your second year you'll study modules entirely specific to electrical engineering major. This could be in the design, operation and protection of power systems, machinery or electronics.
In your final year you'll put all the skills and processes you've learned into completing a practical, industry-based project. If you've gained employment, your project can be tailored to suit your workplace.
To enter this programme you will need:
Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an overall International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or better in the academic module, with a minimum of 6.0 in the written and speaking bands, and a minimum of 5.5 in the reading and listening bands, or equivalent.
TOEFL IBT 60, TOEFL PBT score of 550 or Pearson score of 50.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =